Contracts Manager - Electrical North East Somerset
Radstock, Bath and North East Somerset
£47,000 - £48,000/annum
Hunter Mason are working with a well established Electrical Contractor based in Somerset
Our Client cover Electrical Vehicle Charging Points, Fire Alarms, Intruder Alarms, CCTV and Network Cabling
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Contracts Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of material take offs and liaison with subcontractors/suppliers to quantify requirements of a tender.
• Obtain competitive and accurate quotations from electrical specialists.
• An ability to understand, scrutinize and verify supplier and subcontractor quotations for compliancy.
• Ensure tenders are prepared to a high standard and meet the client’s deadlines.
• Liaising with other members of the estimating team and contracts managers.
• Carry out estimates using electronic (Amtech/Estimation) package.
• Develop working relationships with design consultants, main contractors and clients to establish communication paths.
• Work with various Integral internal functions, to ensure our price offering is suitable to meet both our requirements and those of the client
• Undertake site visits and surveys
• Evaluate and clearly understand the details and requirements for each tender
• Be up to date with the latest estimator techniques and procedures Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• At least 2-3 years' experience as an Electrical Estimator in Building Services, working within an M&E Contractor environment.
• Excellent understanding of commercial tendering process and associated activities
• You will need to have a time served qualification in the electrical services construction industry
• Ambitious and enthusiastic towards their career and projects
• Ability to work alone and part of a team
• Well organized with a high attention to detail
• Analytical skills to aid in the review of data
• Able to work to tight and strict deadlines
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with wide range of people
• A full and clean driving licence.
• Excellent oral and written English
• To remain calm under pressure
• Able to manage numerous projects concurrently
• Strong Microsoft Excel/Word skills
Please send your CV to email@example.com