Contracts Manager – Security controlled environments
£45,000 – £50,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of a growing and developing construction, refurbishment and maintenance company who specialise in prisons, hospitals and schools. The team endeavors to provide clients with the best quality service, going above and beyond to ensure a smooth process from start to finish. They are dedicated to exceptional customer care and committed to providing the best experience for our clients.
Formed back in 2017, this company is on the rise and needing an experienced Contracts Manager for a permanent role, to take full ownership of various contracts and managing the day to day running of the certain projects that fall within company sector.
Key skills and responsibilities to make you the best candidate for the role:
· Involved in the pricing and management of construction projects throughout all project phases.
· Manage the operational elements of the contract – Good planning, efficient delivery, through to project completion.
· Manage the commercial elements - pricing, tracking variations, through to the final sign off of the account.
· Manage the health and safety requirements - Draw up RAMS and ensure good standards of H&S are maintained and adhered to on-site.
· Have a good knowledge of general multi-building works including some aspects of snagging, basic joinery, plastering, painting & decorating, flooring and other internal aspects of construction.
· Good time management and organised.
The working week is typically around 40 hours, though more is common around project deadlines. Occasionally, certain projects may require you to work at night or over public holidays/weekends due to site constraints. Need to be comfortable travelling around London and occasionally further afield.
Some must haves:
· Clean criminal record.
· Full UK driving license.
· Knowledge of contracts specifically JCT & NEC.
· Be able to pass background check and vetting procedure to access prison.
· Have proven experience in a similar role.
· Have excellent team leader skills and a professional nature.
· Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Have a good level of Maths and English.
· Have broad knowledge of construction.
· Fluent English speaking.
· Discounted or free food.
· Employee discount.
· On-site parking.
· Company events.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
contract management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 01/05/2023