8.00 -17.00 Monday to Friday
We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic & highly motivated, Mechanical Engineer within our Technical department. As a member of the Technical department, the role will be based at our Tockwith office, York, with primary focus on the design and engineering of projects spanning the architectural, construction, exhibition, and live event sectors. Whilst experience within these fields would be a distinct advantage, consideration will be given to candidates with exceptional skill-sets from other sectors.
Conceptual design of stage, performance and special machines to meet client concepts or specifications.
Undertake, update and review design risk assessments.
Produce or supervise creation of conceptual models in Autodesk Inventor including FEA
Develop designs and produce engineered solutions with supporting calculations and analysis to achieve better than regulatory standards and guidelines including Eurocodes, Machinery Directive, CDM Regulations and Entertainment Technology - Machinery for Stages and CE/UKCA Standards.
Select and verify third party products to integrate into machines
Check engineering solutions, calculations and drawings of other designers.
With project managers ensure machines are built and tested to design and standards
Produce testing schedules and witness and or verify tests including factory tests and site commissioning.
- HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Understanding of the design process, and its associated documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of British Standards and Design Regulations
- Extensive knowledge of designing and detailing mechanical systems / components
- Mechanical calculations / methodical problem-solving ability
- Technical drawing to BS 8888 or other professional standards
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing mechanical systems / components (gained in the UK)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people