Full Job Description
Negotiable depending on experience.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Pre-construction estimate. The candidate will be working across multiple divisions including residential, industrial, and commercial.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can use their own initiative to prioritise tasks to effectively complete tasks in the required deadlines.
Looking for applicants across the Kent area, but within 40 miles of the office area.
· Review tender documentation received and raising any required RFI’s.
· Preparing enquiries for equipment and specialist subcontract packages including selection of supply chain members for issue via document controller
· Preparing estimates utilising computer aided systems including inputting data (Trimble)
· Accurately quantifying materials, plant, and labour
· Attending and contributing at pre, mid and post tender meetings
· Review tender quotes received from suppliers and specialist subcontractors for compliancy and best value.
· Liaise with electrical estimators and specialist subcontractors to ensure fully inclusive bid.
· Produce tender review pack for presentation to senior management at bid finalisation meeting.
· Follow up tenders and assist with securing projects.
· Work with colleagues and management to continuously improve/enhance estimating processes.
· Develop and maintain professional working relationships with clients and supply chain.
· Attend handover meetings with contracts team once projects secured.
· Detailed and comprehensive knowledge of all mechanical systems
· Be able to work as part of cohesive team and promote good relationships.
· Have good time management and ability to prioritise tasks.
The ideal candidate.
· Previous experience as a mechanical engineer.
· Experience working on residential and commercial projects with relevant knowledge of the building services industry.
· You will need a good knowledge of trades and relevant costs within this industry.
· Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be decisive in judgements.
· Clear communication skills and ability to collaborate as part of a team.
· Organised and focused on meeting required targets.
· Applicant must have a driving license.
· Negotiable depending on experience.
· 28 days annual leave.
· Company pension.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Canterbury: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: MEC
Expected start date: 29/05/202