Project Manager (National Utilities) - Abingdon
£60k - £80k
Hunter Mason are working with a Construction Management service to source a Project Manager, This role will entail working as part of the team delivering pre-construction and construction phase services across a number of large Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects. This will include supporting projects that are in a variety of stages of the Development Consent Order process, including those that have moved into the delivery cycle.
Your new role as a Project Manager
As a Project Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
· You will work with key client teams on a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project in a significant position of responsibility, which is expected to expand as the project grows, to facilitate this you will be working within a multi-disciplined project team.
· The role will be responsible for overseeing identification, scoping, applying and managing new connections and diversions of private and public utilities.
· Some of the connections could include significant to major supplies.
· You will also be responsible for ensuring design and programme alignment for each utility, undertaking stakeholder engagement and building strong relationships.
· You will work with the clients DCO team to provide Statements of Common Ground and other key documentation.
· A background in project management in a complex environment with a good knowledge of civil and/or electrical engineering and design management, preferably with demonstrable experience in the utilities sector.
· Experience of managing design or appraisal contracts involving multiple stakeholders and suppliers.
· Experience of managing or working with utility companies and understanding of their regulatory and business drivers.
· Ability to plan and manage programmes, budgets and risks
· Familiarity with the NRSWA and associated codes of practice and involvement for diversionary works between stages C1 to C9.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to work collaboratively with other team members and to report upwards to the client teams.
· Good personal organisation with the ability to recognize and prioritize their workload, in line with critical deadlines and key programme milestones.
· Ability to confidently manage and report on a number of stakeholder contributions to the end client.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £60,000.00-£80,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location