Quantity Surveyor - North London
An established and successful mixed use developer based in North London has a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor due to the continued growth of their entrepreneurial and creative business from new acquisitions and a steady pipeline of opportunities.
The project manager will be responsible for taking a project through the entire development process including planning, design and construction, from inception to completion and handover.
· Lead projects from inception
· Identifying, briefing, approving, engaging and appointing suitable consultants in conjunction with the Planning, Design and Construction Teams.
· Direct and manage construction project teams, chair meetings with design teams, cost consultants, contractors and other specialists.
· Monitoring of project progress, identifying corrective actions with the project team and control of project budget and all elements of cost control to ensure project completion on/under budget and on time and meeting the specified quality of the agreed design.
· Preparation of project progress reports, incorporating collated contractor and consultant project information/reports and issuing to the team.
· Budgeting, monitoring and updating project financial forecasts and cash flows.
· Liaise with internal sales and marketing teams to prepare PR and marketing documents
· Procurement of construction works including main contracts, enabling works, major packages and specialist trades working closely with the in-house Commercial, Design, Planning and Construction Team, to include supporting the generation and approval of tenders, bonds, warranties, letters of intent and orders. .
Skills and Qualifications:-
· Project management experience and proven delivery experience at planning and construction stages
· A hands on approach to project delivery with experience in either commercial or residential markets
· A strong understanding of both cost and programme management and technical understanding of the full development process from design to handover
· Strong communication skills with a pro-active approach and excellent problem solving skills
· Ability to lead and build strong relationships with internal and external teams
· Ability to work autonomously and work under own initiative
· To recognise contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities both on your own and with the team to minimise risk and where necessary, assist with the resolution of these risks.